When older sister Ashleigh was pregnant and expecting a sweet baby girl – my mom and I went shopping for some cute heartwarming newborn and baby essentials at Target! You can watch our shopping haul video here. Scroll down to see some of our favorite must-have items and newborn essentials.
When shopping for a new baby, here are a few things to keep in mind:
· Think about what month/season they’ll be born in (Ashleigh is going to have a summer baby so the newborn clothes should be lightweight, and 6 months+ clothes should be warmer)
· Don’t buy too many newborn items – they grow out of them so fast!
· If you’re unsure of what to buy, follow their registry (Target actually has an awesome registry app that you can scroll through)
My sister had a registry (my mom printed out the whole registry – all 16 pages!) that we followed, and we already ordered some of the big-ticket items. My mom got her an all-in-one car seat, I bought her this baby monitor set, and most of the large and important items were already shipped to her.
But, since she was having a virtual baby shower (quarantine style!), we wanted to buy some things that we can actually wrap up and give to her in person; My mom was the only one going to her house for the shower since she wanted to make it special for her.
My mom made a cake topper and tags to label the gifts using her Cricut machine and we wrapped all of the gifts in cute paper and packaging. We ended up with a total of 12 different gifts for her to unwrap! It felt like we bought everything in the whole store, but we definitely made Ashleigh’s baby shower more special.
· An “Aunties bestie” onesie
· Pack of 3 short sleeve onesies
· Newborn set that includes 1 long sleeve onesie, booties, and a hat
· Gerber wiggle-proof socks
· Newborn mittens
· Little unicorn booties (totally useless but SO cute)
· Shoes from a secondhand kids boutique
· Bow headbands
· Pack of short sleeve onesies
· Daisy dukes
· Summery jeans with lace + flowers
6 months +
· Long sleeve footie pajamas
· Fluffy pink varsity jacket
· Hat and mitten set
Misc. Baby Essentials
· Cloud Island burp cloths
· Cloud Island crib set
· Cloud Island muslin swaddle blankets
· Cloud Island muslin blanket and frame set (to take monthly pictures – I did a DIY one for Ziya)
· Wubbanub pacifier holder
· Wash cloths
· Safety 1st essentials kit – includes brush, comb, nasal bulb and clippers
· Drip-catcher Bibs (these are the bibs that actually work once they start eating solid foods. It actually catches the food whereas some other types just let food slide right off)
· Teething toy
· Picture frame for nursery
· Cutely illustrated baby book